Subsea Wellhead Recovery Tool
The Claxton Subsea Wellhead Recovery Tool provides a fixed positive grip to a slick outside diameter of pipe or well conductor housing.
A proprietary positive-grip recovery clamp for subsea wellheads, designed to provide a secure method of retrieval.
The Claxton Wellhead Recovery Tool provides a fixed positive grip to a slick outside diameter of pipe or well conductor housing.
- Full bore access to the internal pipe or housing is maintained when installed
- The tool can be fitted with fixed landing shoulder to provide the ability to land out on a given reference or datum point.
- The tool can be fitted with internal slip grip inserts to suit a range of diameters as required.
- When actuated and locked onto the pipe or conductor, the tool is rated to provide a vertical pull load of up to 100 tonnes SWL.
- The tool is operated and locked onto the pipe by means of an ROV mounted power pack and hot stab, hence no umbilical is required.
- The tool can withstand typical hydrostatic forces that are encountered when using explosives for wellhead severance.
- Field-proven design from a team with significant and proven abandonment experience.
Decommissioning from Claxton
The Wellhead Recovery Tool is just one of a suite of field-proven decommissioning tools and services from Claxton—these include abrasive cutting, conductor recovery, rigless abandonment and the multi-award winning SWAT suspended well abandonment tool.