Hot Tapping Services
Claxton has been providing hot tapping services to the oil, gas and petrochemical industries around the globe for over 20 years. We have systems for pressures up to 15,000 PSI.
Claxton designs, supplies and operates systems for the provision of hot tapping into valves on wellheads, Christmas trees, check valves and all types of tubulars for both surface or subsea operations. We provide this service for the global upstream oil and gas industry as well as downstream petrochemical facilities – working on pipelines, flare lines, valves etc.
The Claxton system is robust, field-proven and backed by a business with decades of oil and gas experience.
About Hot Tapping:
Hot tapping allows work to be performed on a live system without the need for venting or shutting down operations. Hot tapping systems manufactured by Claxton provide containment of the pressure and a means to vent and remove it. Additionally the hot-tapping process can be used to drain off pressurised casing fluids.
Benefits of the Claxton Hot Tapping system:
- Full pressure containment to allow for simultaneous operations
- Proven to cut from standard steel pipe, through to super-hard materials like honeycomb stellite
- Range of machines for applications up to 15,000 PSI
- Modular systems provide flexible project applications
- Systems that enhance safety and operational efficiency
- Hot tap size is limited only by the pressure that may be present
- Equalisation-controlling orifice valve reduces dynamic shock to the pressure retaining components
- Fully trained field-personnel available
- Auto- and manual-feed systems
- Surface and subsea systems
- Pneumatic and hydraulic power options
- Standard boring sizes from 0.5 - 48” with larger sizes accommodated on request
- Variable drilling lengths
- Split-T hot tap fittings, split-T lines, stops and weldolets supplied
- Crossover adaptors to interface with in-situ equipment
- Supplied with transportation skids
In addition, Claxton provides a rapid design-and-build service for project- or issue-specific applications.
- Offshore oil and gas production facilities
- Oil and gas pipelines
- Valve boring for on- and offshore maintenance
- Refineries and petrochemical plants