Conductor & Casing String Recovery
Claxton supplies a field-proven package of tools to recover conductors and casing strings, either to abandon wells or recover the platform slot.
These tool packages are complemented by trained offshore personnel and Claxton’s experience project engineering department.
We can simultaneously recover the 30" conductor and all internal strings, regardless of casing eccentricity or cementing.
Conductor Recovery packages include:
- Rapier Casing Bandsaws – or appropriate cutting tool
- Double Drilling Units
- Hydraulic Power Units
- Lifting adaptors and equipment
- Offshore personnel
- Jacking or Torsion-based cut verification
A package similar to this was used by Claxton to recover a conductor successfully during the first-ever rigless abandonment in the North Sea.
Claxton can build all of the following with a rapid turnaround to suit the client’s schedule
- Work decks to facilitate recovery with impacting adjacent operations
- False rotary tables
- Spreader beams to enhance the recovery operation where the platform structural loading is insufficient to recover the conductor