Abrasive Cutting (SABRE)
The Claxton SABRE abrasive cutting system is capable of simultaneously severing all the casings in a well, regardless of casing loading, eccentricity or contents.
Proven technology - SABRE has proven an invaluable tool and has seen successful use on some of the most significant abandonment campaigns. SABRE's abrasive jet exits the tool at transonic speeds - making light work of even composite materials such as cemented casings.
Low Impact - Using a jet of naturally occurring cutting components (garnet, water and air), SABRE has a low environmental impact. The system can be deployed from a vessel or platform, allowing simultaneous abrasive cutting of multiple well casings without impacting adjacent infrastructure.
Benefits of SABRE:
- Casings can be cut and recovered simultaneously or individually
- Can cut down to 6.5/8" applications
- Internal or external cutting applications
- Modular system footprint can be adapted to wide range of applications / deck layouts
- Cutting manipulators available to suit all standard casing sizes.
- Packer system improves cutting performance
- Proven on numerous successful campaigns
Ask for details of our SABRE work history and discover how SABRE has assisted in many of the industry's most significant abandonment campaigns.